a b o u t   ||   f a s h i o n   ||   b e a u t y   ||   D I Y   ||   m u s i c

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Gore on a Budget


 

You guys cannot even begin to fathom how much I love love love Halloween. I was devastated when I found out that it isn't that big of a deal here in the UK. As a matter of fact, it's basically just an excuse for local hooligans to go around and throw eggs at passers by while wearing a mask - yikes. I also found out that costumes are expected to be scary. So, I decided to modify my Wonder Woman costume and do an undead Wonder Woman. It also helps that I'd already made the costume for this weekend's comic con.
(the WW obsession goes waaaaaaay back, guys)

I wanted to do something really over the top, so of course, prosthetic wounds are a must. But saving for a wedding doesn't leave much room in the bank for prosthetics. So, I went with the trusty old method of toilet paper and liquid latex/spirit gum. Honestly, if done correctly, the results are just as good as store bought prosthetics and it's certainly cheaper.

For this look, you will need:

Toilet paper
Liquid latex (£3)
Fake blood (£1)
White face paint (£1)
Red face paint (£1)
Foundation
Needle + thread
Small scissors 
Black, red and purple eyeshadow
A paint brush or old lip brush

To see how you can easy achieve this affordable gore look at home, check out the video below:





Oh, and...



xoxo,






No comments:

Post a Comment